Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine available to community members in Marvin Center

File Photo by Lillian Bautista | Senior Photo Editor
The Marvin Center’s current name has sparked controversy since officials dedicated the building to former University President Cloyd Heck Marvin in 1971.

Anyone 12 and older can now receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine in the Marvin Center, officials announced in an email Wednesday.

Officials will administer vaccines – which are available to D.C. residents, non-D.C. residents and non-GW community members – in the Grand Ballroom on the third floor. GW community members can receive the vaccine Mondays and Wednesdays between 6:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays between 6 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. and Fridays between 8 a.m. and noon, the email states.

The site will be closed on Fridays between June 1 and July 29, the email states. Non-GW community members will be allowed to access the vaccine site starting at 8:30 a.m., according to the email.

The announcement comes after officials announced last month that students must be fully vaccinated before returning to campus in the fall.

“We remain optimistic about the coming months, and we are excited to take more positive steps that prioritize health and safety as well as focus on flexibility and an engaging on-campus experience this fall,” officials said in the announcement in April.

Students must upload their vaccine documentation to GW’s medical portal by Aug. 1 to comply with the vaccine mandate.

“To meet this deadline, you must start the Pfizer vaccine series by June 22 in order to be compliant with the University’s vaccine requirement,” the email states.

Officials also opened two vaccine clinics for the GW community and the general public at the Virginia Science and Technology Campus earlier this month.