Two COVID-19 vaccine clinics set to launch at Virginia Science and Technology Campus

While the Virginia Science and Technology Campus benefits from its location in rapidly growing and prosperous northern Virginia, top administrators say the campus still doesn’t have a clearly defined mission.

Officials will open two COVID-19 vaccine clinics for GW community members and the general public at the Virginia Science and Technology Campus within the next month, they announced in an email Friday.

The clinics – which will administer federally allocated Pfizer vaccines through a collaboration with the School of Nursing and My Dr.’s Pharmacy, which is based in Fairfax county – will offer first-dose appointments May 15 and second-dose appointments June 5. Officials announced late last month that full vaccination will be required for all students, faculty and staff who return to campus this fall.

The email states that nursing students’ clinical work at My Dr.’s Pharmacy helped advance plans for the vaccine clinics.

“GW Nursing students in their final semester have completed their community clinical experience at the My Dr.’s Pharmacy COVID-19 vaccine clinic in Herndon, Va,” the email states. “This collaboration has led to the upcoming COVID-19 vaccine events that will be hosted at VSTC where the School of Nursing undergraduate program is based.”

The vaccines offered by the clinics will be free of charge for those with or without health insurance, according to the email. Officials require GW community members who have been vaccinated to report their documentation to the University through GW’s medical portal.

“These vaccination events will provide the GW community with an opportunity to get vaccinated on campus,” the email states.