Lacrosse head coach leaves GW after leading Colonials to A-10 Championship berth

Lacrosse Head Coach Jeniffer Ulehla will not return next season, the Department of Athletics announced in a release Tuesday.

The release states that a national search for the next head coach will start “immediately.” The program first hired Ulehla in June 2019 before the team went on to piece together an 8–19 record under her leadership through three seasons.

“We would like to thank Coach Ulehla for her service,” Director of Athletics Tanya Voguel said in the release. “We look forward to conducting our search for the next leader of GW Lacrosse.”

An athletic department spokesperson declined to comment.

During her first season with the Colonials in 2020, the team only played in seven games, losing each one before the COVID-19 pandemic canceled their spring slate. The Colonials scored 72 goals on a .381 shooting percentage while letting up 120 to opponents.

The team rebounded during Ulehla’s second season with a 6-6 record in 2021. Then-freshman midfielder Bailey Aaron made the Atlantic 10 All-Rookie team after scoring 16 goals during her debut season.

The Colonials qualified for the A-10 Championship for the first time since 2013 this spring before falling to No. 3 Saint Joseph’s, who eventually went on to win the championship. GW averaged a .353 shooting percentage and claimed 162 goals in 18 games throughout the season.