Officials announce July move-in option for juniors and seniors

About+150+rising+juniors+currently+remain+on+the+on-campus+residency+exemption+waitlist%2C+officials+said.+
File Photo by Danielle Towers | Assistant Photo Editor
About 150 rising juniors currently remain on the on-campus residency exemption waitlist, officials said.

Juniors and seniors now have the option to schedule their move-in date in July, officials said in an email sent to students Wednesday.

The email states rising juniors and seniors are scheduled to move in to their residence halls between Aug. 16 and 19 and between Aug. 27 and 29 but they can schedule their move-in date for July 24 or 25 for an extra cost of $1,000. Incoming freshmen are slated to move into their residence halls between Aug. 20 and 22 and rising sophomores between Aug. 22 and 24, according to the email.

Students choosing the July move-in option must sign up by June 30, according to the email.

“Please understand in order to accommodate and plan for all arrivals, we are not able to accept any requests after this date,” the email states.

All other students with on-campus housing for the fall semester have until Aug. 6 to secure their move-in dates, according to the email. The email states the July option is not available for freshmen or sophomores so they can participate in orientation activities that take place in August.

“To help our on-campus resident students settle in and be ready before classes begin on August 30, we will be conducting a phased move-in from Aug. 16 to Aug. 29,” the email states. “This phased move-in also enables us to reduce crowds in the lobbies and elevators for a more relaxed and enjoyable move-in day experience.”

Officials announced in April that all students, faculty and staff need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to returning to campus, with limited exemptions.