TwentyTables pulls food trucks from campus, citing lack of “consistent customers”

TwentyTables suspended service on campus last week, pulling food trucks from the Lisner Hall loading dock where the program had been serving students meals during the first few weeks of the fall semester.

University spokesperson Crystal Nosal said TwentyTables suspended service at the loading dock last Monday after the program failed to reel in “consistent customers” to sustain business on campus. She said TwentyTables and GW Dining offered one food truck for lunch and another for dinner during the fall semester, as trucks like CaliBurger and Soultarian served students living in District House and Shenkman and South halls during the pandemic.

“While we were pleased with the many positive responses to the return of this service, unfortunately there were not enough consistent customers to continue this service,” Nosal said in an email. “Like many operations, COVID has impacted customer turnout, and the food trucks were not immune to the decrease in customers and pandemic sales.”

TwentyTables returned to campus late last month, but vendors said the shortage of students on campus cut business numbers in half during the first week of operation.

Nosal declined to comment on the number of students purchasing meals from food trucks partnered with TwentyTables and when officials expect TwentyTables to return to campus.

“GW Dining and Twenty Tables look forward to serving students when we return to regular operations,” she said.