Protests, vigils against police brutality around the country this weekend

Maansi Srivastava | Photographer
This weekend, take part in protests across the nation against police brutality and violence.

Dozens of protests against racism and police brutality have erupted across the United States and world over the past two weeks.

In the District, thousands flocked to Ward 2 and beyond over the past few days to respond to the recent police killings of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor, two black Americans. Similar demonstrations have taken place in various cities around the globe, and many are rolling into their second straight weekend as protesters push for an end to police violence and justice for the victims of police brutality.

For students at home, here’s a list of additional protests and vigils happening this weekend in cities nationwide, from Minneapolis to Los Angeles:

Friday

10K Foundation March
U.S. Bank Stadium, 401 Chicago Ave., Minneapolis, Minnesota at 3 p.m. CDT. Find details about the event here.

Unity March for Peace
Japanese Friendship Garden of Phoenix, 1125 N 3rd Ave., Phoenix, Arizona from 5 to 8 p.m. MDT. Find details about the event here.

Rage, Rebellion & Revolution: The Fight for Black Liberation
Online from 6 to 7 p.m. EDT. Find details about the event here.

Saturday

Justice for George Floyd! March Against Racist Police Brutality & Repression of Protest
Philadelphia Museum of Art, 2600 Benjamin Franklin Pkwy, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania from noon to 2 p.m. EDT. Find details here.

Solidarity March (Goodale Park to State House)
Goodale Park, 120 W Goodale St., Columbus, Ohio from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. EDT. Find details about the event here.

Justice for George Floyd Protest
Wilshire Federal Building, 11000 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, California from 2 to 4 p.m. PDT. Find details about the event here.

Peaceful Sit In Against Police Brutality
Van Cortlandt Park, New York City, New York at 11 a.m. EDT. Find details about the event here.

Chicago March of Justice for George Floyd
Union Park, Chicago, Illinois at 11 a.m. CDT. Find details about the event here.

Flowers for Mr. Floyd: Peaceful Protest Against Police Brutality
War Memorial Park, 1449 Lincoln St., Denver, Colorado from 3 to 8 p.m. MDT. Find details about the event here.

Sunday

Black Austin Rally & March for Black Lives #JusticeForThemAll
Huston-Tillotson University, 900 Chicon St., Austin, Texas from 1 to 5 p.m. CDT. Find details about the event here.

D.C. Black Lives Matter March
Dupont Circle, Washington, D.C. from 3 to 8 p.m. EDT. Find details about the event here.

Walking Prayer Vigil For Racial Justice and Renewal
Central Park, 1340 S 4th St., Louisville, Kentucky from 3 to 4:30 p.m. EDT. Find details about the event here.

Vigil for Charles “CHOP” Roundtree and Marquise Jones
Milam Park, 500 W Commerce St., San Antonio, Texas from 2 to 3:30 p.m. CDT. Find details about the event here.