Weekend outlook – Eat ice cream for breakfast at Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream

Jeni%E2%80%99s+Splendid+Ice+Cream+will+swing+open+its+doors+early+at+9+a.m.+Saturday+and+half+of+all+proceeds+from+the+scoop+special+will+go+directly+to+She+Should+Run+%E2%80%93+a+nonprofit+organization+that+works+to+get+women+running+for+elected+office.+
Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream will swing open its doors early at 9 a.m. Saturday and half of all proceeds from the scoop special will go directly to She Should Run – a nonprofit organization that works to get women running for elected office.

Begin your weekend in another decade at Pearl Street Warehouse before waking up with a sweet treat the next morning. Then if you want to skip Super Bowl festivities, head to a bar that won’t be streaming the game to learn about Ancient China before the start of the Lunar New Year.

Friday

Back to the ‘90s Classic Albums Night at Pearl Street Warehouse

Celebrate the 25th anniversary of Green Day’s iconic album “Dookie” at Pearl Street Warehouse Friday night. The night will feature Brain Stew, a Green Day tribute band, who will likely play hits from the album like “Basketcase” and “When I Come Around.” To honor other punk-pop bands from the decade, Skydiver will play a Radiohead tribute and Getchoo will play a tribute to Weezer, performing the “The Blue Album,” which features hits like “Say It Ain’t So” and “Undone – The Sweater Song.”

Pearl Street Warehouse, 33 Pearl St. SW. Doors at 7 p.m. Tickets start at $12. 21+.

Saturday

Ice Cream for Breakfast Day

If you wake up with a sweet tooth, head to Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream on 14th Street to swap your typical breakfast for ice cream this weekend. The ice cream shop, which made its D.C. debut in September 2017, is known for its out-of-the-box flavors like brambleberry crisp, brown butter almond brittle and salted peanut butter with chocolate flecks. The shop will swing open its doors early at 9 a.m. and half of all proceeds from the scoop special will go directly to She Should Run – a nonprofit organization that works to get women running for elected office.

Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream, 1925 14th St. NW. 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.

Sunday

Profs & Pints: Ancient Chinese Philosophy

Before the Year of the Pig begins on Tuesday, prepare yourself with extra knowledge about Ancient Chinese philosophy and the impact it left on the world. Justin Jacobs, an associate professor of history at American University, will educate the audience about Chinese philosophers like Confucius and Mencius and their outlook on the meaning of life, gaining power and the role of civilization. Jacobs will also discuss how the Warring States era of China led to the age of empires in East Asia. Make your way to the Bier Baron Tavern and Comedy Loft Sunday to gain knowledge about Chinese history while enjoying a drink or two.

Bier Baron Tavern and Comedy Loft, 1523 22nd St. NW. 6 to 9 p.m. Tickets are $12 in advance, $15 at the door and $2 off with a student ID.