CI students get $25 to spend at District House dining vendors

HATCHET FILE PHOTO
Incoming freshman attending Colonial Inauguration this summer will have $25 to spend at the five dining vendors located in the basement of District House.

Incoming freshmen will be able to head to the District House basement to grab a free bite to eat during Colonial Inauguration.

Students who attend the University’s summer orientation program this year will get $25 loaded onto their new GWorld cards to spend at five District House vendors during their time at CI, University spokesman Brett Zongker confirmed.

GW Dining tweeted about the new feature Monday at the start of the first CI session this summer.

With CI programming capped at 375 students in six sessions, officials would be giving away about $9,375 in dining money for incoming freshman this summer.

Officials announced last summer that five vendors would open in the basement of District House, the newest residence hall on campus, but the retailers faced months of delays before opening gradually since December.

A sixth vendor, Peet’s Coffee and Tea, is also open on the ground floor of District House.

Incoming freshman at CI were previously served at J Street, the Marvin Center dining hall that closed last summer.