Among campus eatery changes, Peet’s Coffee & Tea to open

Peet's Coffee & Tea will open on the ground floor of District House this fall. Hatchet file photo by Katie Causey.
Peet’s Coffee & Tea will open on the ground floor of District House this fall. Hatchet file photo by Katie Causey.

Updated: Aug. 24, 2016 at 12:09 p.m.

Skip the line at Gelbucks – Peet’s Coffee & Tea will be opening in District House this fall.

The San Francisco-area brand will be located on the new residence hall’s ground level, according to a University website. Peet’s will be the only District House food vendor on the ground level, and the building’s other vendors will be on the basement level in the student dining area.

A Coffee Bar & Cafe, operated by GW’s dining partner Restaurant Associates, is also opening in Ames Hall on the Mount Vernon Campus on Aug. 24.

A grab-n-go convenience store will also open on the ground floor of the Marvin Center in mid-September, featuring items like Starbucks to Go coffee, according to the website. Renovations for the former J Street location are underway, and an announcement on the future of the space is expected this semester.

Pita Pit in Shenkman Hall has closed, as well as GDub Java in Duques Hall. Both locations are set to be replaced with new vendors that will be named this semester, according to the website.