Business school dean to leave GW in January after nearly five years in role

File Photo by Donna Armstrong | Senior Staff Photographer
Business school Dean Anuj Mehrotra said the school will host the first cohort of faculty and students from its partner in France in spring 2021.

GW School of Business Dean Anuj Mehrotra will leave the business school in January 2024.

Mehrotra, who has served as dean and a professor of decision sciences at the business school for nearly five years, will leave the University and become the Stephen P. Zelnak Jr. Chair and dean of the Scheller College of Business at the Georgia Institute of Technology Jan. 1, 2024, according to a University release Tuesday. Under Mehrotra’s leadership, the business school “reimagined business education” by introducing the 4+1 combined degree plan — which allows students to graduate in five years with a bachelor’s degree and an accelerated business master’s degree — instituting certificate programs that can lead to “customizable” master’s degrees and converting business degrees to bachelor of science degrees, according to the release.

The release states that Mehrotra, who received his doctorate degree in operations research from Georgia Tech, will remain dean of the business school through the end of December before stepping into the new position in January. Officials have not yet named a replacement for Mehrotra.

“I am immensely proud of all the work we have done together in the last five years to advance GWSB,” Mehrotra said in the release. “The energy, creativity, ingenuity and passion of our colleagues within the school and across GW, and the larger community partners, with extraordinary support of our board, alumni and university leadership, have strengthened the school to continue on its positive trajectory.”

During his tenure as dean of the business school, Mehrotra also hired GWSB’s first chief diversity officer and increased engagement and partnerships with alumni and government and industry communities, the release states.

Before coming to GW in 2018, Mehrotra served as the senior vice dean, vice dean for faculty development and research and interim dean at the University of Miami Herbert Business School, according to his faculty profile page.

“Dean Mehrotra has been a steadfast and visionary leader of the GW School of Business during an exciting and transformational period,” Provost Chris Bracey said in the release. “I wish him well as he continues his trajectory of incredible success at Georgia Tech.”