Picturing Politics: ‘Ted Lasso’ cast talks mental health at the White House

Allison Robbert | Staff Photographer
Actor Jason Sudeikis gives the media a playful peace sign as he exits the White House press room Monday.

This week, The Hatchet attended a discussion on mental health with the cast of Apple TV’s “Ted Lasso,” a celebration of Nowruz – Persian New Year – and a reception for Women’s History Month at the White House. 

The Hatchet also went to pressers for the American Families United Act, Clean Air Regulations and for new legislation to prevent gun violence. 

Check out these photos from across the District in this week’s edition of Picturing Politics:

Lead actor and creator of the hit Apple TV show, “Ted Lasso” Jason Sudeikis speaks on mental health awareness in the White House Press room Monday. (Allison Robbert | Staff Photographer )
Tar Player Sahba Motallebi performs “Birth” in the East Room of the White House Monday for a celebration of Nowruz, the Persian New Year. (Allison Robbert | Staff Photographer)
(L-R) Senate Environment and Public Works Chairman Tom Carper, D-Del, with Lisa Patel, the executive director of the Medical Society Consortium on Climate and Health at a clean air presser Wednesday. (Allison Robbert | Staff Photographer)
Rep. Veronica Escobar, D-Texas, holds a news conference to discuss the American Families United Act, legislation amending the Immigration and Nationality Act “to promote family unity.” (Allison Robbert | Staff Photographer)
A child holds up a sign for American Families United. (Allison Robbert | Staff Photographer)
Parkland shooting survivor David Hogg speaks at a presser for The Office of Gun Violence Prevention Act, which proposes an Office of Gun Violence Prevention within the Department of Justice. (Allison Robbert | Staff Photographer)
Attendees hold up their phones to take pictures at a Women’s History Month celebration Wednesday. (Allison Robbert | Staff Photographer)
First Lady Jill Biden speaks at a reception celebrating Women’s History Month Wednesday. (Allison Robbert | Staff Photographer)
A seeing-eye dog sleeps on the press pool floor. (Allison Robbert | Staff Photographer)