Athletes in Action: Lacrosse launches into season opener

Emmy Numann | Photographer
The GW Lacrosse team rallies before the start of their first game of the season against UMBC on Feb. 11.

GW Lacrosse, which began its season Feb. 11 with the new head coach, Colleen McCaffrey, has yet to see a win but has put up a fight worth noting.

The team has shown potential with a strong offense. In two of three games played so far, there were six different goal scorers. The team’s next game will be March 1 at 1 p.m. at American University.

Check out pictures of the team at the first game of their season against University of Maryland, Baltimore County.

Lacrosse sticks lay on the ground before the start of the game. (Emmy Numann | Photographer)
Senior midfielder Kianah Watson runs through a team tunnel before the start of the game, giving out high-fives to her teammates. (Emmy Numann | Photographer)
Freshman midfielder Kiki Rotay scored her first career goal at the game, connecting on a free-position shot. (Emmy Numann | Photographer)
Freshman defender Parker Cranz catches a high ball. (Emmy Numann | Photographer)
Players congratulate each other on the sidelines. (Emmy Numann | Photographer)
A view of the game from through a gate frames the goal. (Emmy Numann | Photographer)
Senior midfielder Kianah Watson intercepts a pass from a UMBC player. (Emmy Numann | Photographer)
Lacrosse balls rest on the turf. (Emmy Numann | Photographer)
The team exits the field after the game and, despite the loss, is cheered on by fans in the stands. (Emmy Numann | Photographer)