The Hatchet elects DiMauro as 2023-2024 editor in chief

Auden Yurman | Senior Photo Editor
DiMauro will also become the president of Hatchet Publications, Inc., pending approval by The Hatchet’s Board of Directors.

The Hatchet’s staff elected junior Jaden DiMauro as the next editor in chief Saturday night.

DiMauro, an English major hailing from West Hartford, Conn., will lead the paper’s 120th volume, which starts in May.

He currently works as The Hatchet’s managing editor, where he helps oversee editorial operations while serving as the secretary on The Hatchet’s Board of Directors.

DiMauro previously spent nearly two years as The Hatchet’s copy chief, editing all written content for style, grammar and clarity and managing The Hatchet’s style guide.

DiMauro’s goals for the paper include building and strengthening relationships with student organizations and other communities within GW, revamping The Hatchet’s print and digital aesthetic and rebuilding the paper’s alumni network.

When he’s not editing stories you can find him playing basketball, hanging out in his favorite D.C. bookstores or going for walks on the National Mall.

The Hatchet is an editorially and financially independent student newspaper serving the GW and Foggy Bottom communities. It is the second oldest D.C. newspaper after The Washington Post.