Fetterman discharged from GW Hospital after MRI results showed no signs of stroke

Sen. John Fetterman, D-PA, is still recovering from auditory processing challenges from a stroke he suffered in May.
Hatchet File Photo.

Sen. John Fetterman, D-PA, was discharged from GW Hospital Friday after being admitted to the facility two days earlier because he felt “lightheaded” Wednesday, according to a statement from his office.

Joe Calvello, Fetterman’s communication director, said in a tweet that Fetterman tested negative for a stroke but doctors kept him in the hospital to monitor him for signs of a potential seizure, which they ruled out Thursday. Fetterman suffered a stroke days before Pennsylvania’s Democratic primary in May.

“John is looking forward to returning to the Senate on Monday,” Calvello said in the tweet.

Fetterman started feeling “lightheaded” during Wednesday’s Senate Democratic retreat at the Library of Congress and called his team, who drove him to the hospital, according to a Wednesday release.

Fetterman is still recovering from auditory processing challenges from a stroke he suffered in May, and Senate officials installed a special screen on his chamber desk that shows captions for comments inside the chamber.

A GW Hospital spokesperson did not immediately return a request for comment.