Student Association legislator general resigns

Grace Hromin | Senior Photo Editor
Harding replaced former Legislator General Dylan Basescu and defended Zidouemba in a Student Court case challenging Zidouemba’s legitimacy earlier this semester.

The Student Association’s legislator general announced his resignation Sunday night.

Legislator General Andrew Harding announced his resignation in an email to SA President Christian Zidouemba, since he plans to start working a full-time job this week. Zidouemba tapped law student Arjun Singh to become acting legislator general, according to the email.

“As legislator general, my primary goal was simple: restore stability,” he said in the email. “With the incredibly helpful hand of Senate Chief Counsel Juan Carlos Mora, the Student Association was able to successfully defeat a frivolous lawsuit that challenged the legitimacy of President Zidouemba.”

Harding replaced former Legislator General Dylan Basescu and defended Zidouemba in a Student Court case challenging Zidouemba’s legitimacy earlier this semester. He said Singh will be officially nominated to the legislator general position and should go before the senate for confirmation in the next two weeks.

“I have great confidence in Arjun’s abilities to serve as the Legislator General and collaborate well with the Senate,” he said in the email.

If confirmed, Singh will be the third legislator to serve this year. Singh said in an email he is “delighted” to join the team.