Crime log: Motorcyclist flees scene after striking SafeRide vehicle

Public Drunkenness

526 22nd Street
9/11/2022 – 6:55 a.m.
Closed Case

GW Police Department officers responded to a report of an intoxicated female student. EMeRG responders conducted a medical evaluation and subsequently transported the student to the GW Hospital emergency room for further medical treatment.

– Referred to the Division for Student Affairs.

Simple Assault (Domestic Violence), Threats to do Bodily Harm

Off Campus
9/11/2022 – Unknown
Closed Case

A male student reported being the victim of a simple assault and received threats to do bodily harm by his non-GW affiliated roommate who shares an apartment with the student off campus. The victim reported the incident to the Alexandria Police Department.

– Referred to the Alexandria Police Department.

Unlawful Entry of a Motor Vehicle

2000 Block of G Street
9/13/2022 – Unknown
Open Case

A non-GW affiliated male complainant reported that an unknown subject had unlawfully entered his vehicle, removed personal items and left them on the exterior of his vehicle.

– Case open.

Simple Assault, Threats to do Bodily Harm

1959 E Street (Subway Restaurant)
9/13/2022 – 1:55 p.m.
Open Case

GWPD officers responded to a report of a dispute and upon arrival, made contact with a female Subway store employee who reported having a verbal altercation with an unknown female subject about her food order. Following the verbal altercation, the subject threw food at the store employee and made threats to do bodily harm. Shortly afterward, the subject went outside to get a rock and threw it at a bystander in the store.

– Case open.

Theft II/From Building

University Student Center
9/13/2022 – 7 a.m.
Open Case

A female staff member reported the theft of two credit cards by an unknown male subject and fraudulent charges posted to her credit card account afterward.

– Case open.

Harassment (Verbal or Written)

Science and Engineering Hall
9/9/2022 – Multiple
Open Case

A female student reported being the victim of verbal harassment by a male staff member.

– Case open.

Traffic Accident: Hit and Run

600 Block of 23rd Street
9/14/2022 – 11:57 p.m.
Closed Case

GWPD officers responded to a report of a traffic accident. Upon arrival, GWPD made contact with a female GW SafeRide driver that reported a motorcycle hit her vehicle as she was making a legal left turn. Shortly thereafter, the unknown male motorcycle driver fled the scene, and Metropolitan Police Department officers responded to the scene and reported the motorcycle stolen.

– Referred to MPD.

– Compiled by Grace Chinowsky