Faculty Senate preview: Senators to hear from newly-appointed officials

File Photo by Arielle Bader | Assistant Photo Editor
GW’s total enrollment drop – about 2.9 percent – was far less than the 30 percent drop officials originally projected in May if classes remained online this year.

Members of the Faculty Senate will be introduced to newly appointed administrators at its first meeting of the academic year Friday.

Faculty senators will hear introductions from the four officials that Interim University President Mark Wrighton appointed to administrative positions in July, including Chief Financial Officer Bruno Fernandes and Executive Vice President and Chief Administration Officer Sharon Reich Paulsen. Senators will also sit in on introductions to the five officials the Office of the Provost appointed to new positions in July and the new Dean of the College of Professional Studies, Liesl Riddle, who officials appointed in July.

The senate will also vote to approve a series of nominations to four of the body’s standing committees the athletics and recreation committee, the fiscal planning and budgeting committee, the physical facilities committee and the university and urban affairs committee.

Wrighton and Provost Chris Bracey will share remarks with the senate. Jim Tielsch, the chair of the senate’s executive committee, will also share a report from the executive committee.