New Western Market vendors to arrive this fall

Western Market is gearing up to welcome local D.C. vendors to Foggy Bottom’s new food hall as students begin their first in-person semester since the onset of the pandemic.

An array of brand new dining options is set to open in Western Market this fall.

Western Market spokesperson Ali Gorban said Tigerella, an Italian-inspired bar and restaurant, opened its dining room for lunch service Thursday, operating from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Tigerella’s dinner service is set to open in September, according to the restaurant’s website.

Gorban said Alitiko, a Greek-inspired restaurant, is scheduled to open later this month.

ExPat, a two-floored restaurant, is planned to open later this fall. It will feature a bar where patrons can participate in sports betting on the top floor and a podcast studio, arcade, shuffleboard and karaoke stage on the bottom floor.

Also opening in the fall is Hippo Taco, an Asian-fusion restaurant, which will feature indoor and outdoor seating options. They plan to cater heavily to the GW community, with the restaurant’s name being a reference to the University’s unofficial mascot coined by students in recent decades. 

Chinese-American vendor Lucky Danger is also slated to open later this year, according to the release.