Tatte Bakery and Cafe opens Foggy Bottom location

Located+on+I+Street+across+the+street+from+District+House%2C+the+new+location+features+indoor+seating+and+an+outdoor+patio+for+community+residents.+
Zach Blackburn | Staff Photographer
Located on I Street across the street from District House, the new location features indoor seating and an outdoor patio for community residents.

Tatte Bakery and Cafe opened its doors in its new Foggy Bottom location Wednesday. 

Located on I Street across the street from District House, the new location features indoor seating and an outdoor patio for community members and Foggy Bottom and West End residents to enjoy. The new Tatte features a bakery, all-day brunch menu and coffee bar. 

The ANC approved Tatte’s application to open a Foggy Bottom location during a meeting in late February. Brendan Boyle, a representative from Tatte, said during the meeting that the cafe plans on accepting GWorld. 

“We call our offerings’ elegant comfort food’ and its Mediterranean-inspired fare,” Boyle said during the meeting. “We’re a scratch kitchen. We make everything that we serve on a plate, and we’re looking forward to coming into the neighborhood.”

Tatte currently has 19 open locations in Massachusetts and seven in the District, including one in the West End neighborhood bordering Foggy Bottom. Tatte said it would open one more in D.C.’s City Ridge neighborhood by August.

Their menu features Mediterranean and North African dishes such as shakshuka, a tomato-based stew with eggs, and labneh, a strained yogurt. Other popular menu items include their pistachio croissants and signature honey halva latte.