University ends asymptomatic COVID testing requirement

You+should+begin+your+10-day+self-isolation+period+as+soon+as+you+receive+positive+test+results.+
Kyle Anderson | Photographer
You should begin your 10-day self-isolation period as soon as you receive positive test results.

The University will end its asymptomatic COVID-19 testing requirement starting in July, according to an email sent to the University community Tuesday.

The unsigned email states testing for asymptomatic community members will still be available for community members who need or want a test, and that symptomatic testing will stay in the University Student Center.

The email states the indoor mask requirement remains in place as on-campus COVID-19 cases continue to be elevated.

Testing centers for asymptomatic community members on Foggy Bottom Campus will now be at 1957 E Street, Monroe Hall and the Science and Engineering Hall starting July 5, according to the email. The email said the medical trailer will cease operations at noon on June 30 and that campus access will no longer be tied to COVID-19 testing compliance.

The University’s positivity rate is currently about 2.7 percent from June 9 to June 21 according to the COVID-19 dashboard. The dashboard shows 147 positive cases out of 4,508 tests taken in the two-week period with a high of 28 positive cases recorded on June 9.

The email states vaccinations would continue to be required for all students, faculty and staff for the fall semester and additional information about return-to-campus protocols will be released later in the summer.