Officials name new associate vice provost for the Center for Career Services

MEDIA CREDIT: HATCHET FILE PHOTO
The Center for Career Services is launching a new career platform this semester to facilitate online connections between current students and alumni.

Officials appointed Kelley Bishop as the new associate vice provost for the Center for Career Services in the Division of Enrollment and Student Success.

Bishop is slated to begin the permanent role in July after officials said they conducted a national search with a campus-wide interview process to fill the position, according to a University release. Georgette Edmondson-Wright, the associate vice provost for student success, has served as the interim associate vice provost for the Center for Career Services since Rachel Brown, the former associate vice provost, left the University in October. 

“It is an honor to join this great university and have the opportunity to build on their strong tradition of fostering high levels of student and career success,” Bishop said. 

Bishop served as the interim assistant vice president for Living and Learning at the University of Maryland, a position he has held since January after directing their University Career Center and The President’s Promise for about nine years. Bishop was also the director of career services at Syracuse University for about five years before joining Michigan State University as the executive director for Career Services for about 10 years. 

“His extensive insights for aligning career development within academic programs, specialized employer services and students’ professional growth opportunities will undoubtedly serve the GW community extremely well,” Jay W. Goff, the vice provost for Enrollment and Student Success, said in the release.