Best nail salon: Queenie’s Nail Salon

The+talented+nail+technician+has+garnered+a+substantial+and+rapidly+growing+following+on+her+Instagram+page+with+nearly+3%2C000+followers.+
Sophia Kerr | Photographer
The talented nail technician has garnered a substantial and rapidly growing following on her Instagram page with nearly 3,000 followers.

Location: 1926 I St. NW

Readers’ pick: Queenie’s Nail Salon

Conveniently located just a block away from campus, Queenie’s Nail Salon is a must for students looking to receive a carefully detailed, trendy nail design to match their spring fashion inspiration.

The salon, which opened in February 2010, faced slow business due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which Queenie, the salon’s owner, counteracted as she began showcasing her work on social media in August 2020. Nail art has been one of the most prominent style trends within the last year – helping the salon gain traction – but it can be hard to find a nail technician as skilled as Queenie to meet your Pinterest board nail art expectations.

The talented nail technician has garnered a substantial and rapidly growing following on her Instagram page, amassing nearly 3,000 followers. She says the majority of her clients are now GW students as a result of her success on social media.

Queenie is the sole nail technician at the salon who paints designs – like wavy and intricately detailed nail art – and her artistic talent is undoubtedly the driving force behind the salon’s immense popularity among the GW community. But each of the handful of nail technicians are highly skilled and offer professional and thorough services like rejuvenating pedicures and foot massages.

The salon offers a variety of nail services including a regular manicure for $25, a gel manicure for $42 and a dip powder manicure for $65, which uses a combination of powder and glue to create a long lasting polish. Acrylic and Gel X Extension manicures start at $70 for those who want a manicure longer than their natural nails.

Nail designs, one of the salon’s most popular services, can range from an additional $20 to $35 depending on the complexity of the design. Customers have the option to pay with cash to get 10 percent off their total service, and students can also book their appointments on weekends to receive a 10 percent discount.

For the full luxurious experience, add on a pedicure service featuring various massages starting at $40 while sipping on one of the salon’s complimentary beverages that include champagne, mimosas and hot green tea. Queenie’s Nail Salon also offers a multitude of waxing services, ranging from lips for $12 to a full leg wax starting at $70.

Queenie’s appointments fill up quickly, so be sure to book a few weeks in advance. Make an appointment online or call the salon at 202-466-2457 to check when she’s available. For students looking for a salon that can provide elaborate nail designs close to campus, take a must-try trip to Queenie’s Nail Salon.