Best frozen drink: Tonic’s frose

Served+in+a+frosted+glass%2C+Tonics+frose+slowly+melts+as+you+drink+it+and+is+the+perfect+treat+as+the+weather+warms+up.+
Grace Hromin | Senior Photo Editor
Served in a frosted glass, Tonic’s frose slowly melts as you drink it and is the perfect treat as the weather warms up.

Readers’ pick: Casta’s Havana Vice

As spring weather is on its way, there’s no better way to welcome in the sun than by sipping a frozen drink on the corner of 21st and G streets. 

Despite struggling to stay afloat throughout the pandemic, Tonic has bounced back this academic year, serving up its frose to students, Foggy Bottom residents and tourists alike. D.C.’s bar scene is home to a plethora of frozen drink options, but Tonic’s frose takes the cake for its affordable happy hour prices and its ever changing flavors.

Sip your wine slushie on the patio this spring while gossiping with your friends for a classic GW spring vibe. The frozen drink is served in a frosted glass with a short straw and melts little by little as you imbibe the sweet treat.

Come between 4 and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and get your frose for $5. Or stop by the third floor on select Fridays for happy hour-priced drinks while you enjoy performances by comedians from the District comedy group Capital Laughs. Pair your frose with totchos ($7), nachos ($7) or tots ($5), which come with three different sauce options. 

Tonic’s patio is also a prime people watching point – you may even get to catch a glimpse of some cute four-legged friends out for a walk around Foggy Bottom.

After a long day of class and work, drop by Tonic next time you’re looking for a refreshing alcoholic beverage to close out your day.