Best bottomless brunch: Agora

The+restaurant+is+nestled+in+with+D.C.%E2%80%99s+classic+neighborhood+brick+townhouses%2C+giving+it+a+homey+and+lowkey+feel.+
Auden Yurman | Assistant Photo Editor
The restaurant is nestled in with D.C.’s classic neighborhood brick townhouses, giving it a homey and lowkey feel.

Location: 1527 17th St. NW

Readers’ pick: Mission

Situated near the historic Dupont Circle, Agora‘s expansive small plate menu and range of Middle Eastern inspired cocktail specials earned it The Hatchet’s choice for best bottomless brunch.

Agora, a family-owned restaurant serving diverse Mediterranean cuisine, provides a generous bottomless brunch for $45 a person with a two-hour time limit at its Dupont location. The must-eat menu course begins with warm, fluffy flatbread followed by unlimited side dishes and a hefty selection of featured cocktails from classic mimosas and bloody marys to your choice of sour cherry, apricot, orange or peach prosecco to leave you satisfied with a little midday buzz.

As a thriving spot just off of Dupont Circle, Agora offers an outside dining patio with heat lamps for chilly winter nights and twinkle lights to create a calming ambiance. The restaurant is nestled in with D.C’s classic neighborhood brick townhouses, giving it a homey and low-key feel. Once inside, the noisy dining area consists of wood tables and more intimate spots near the warm brick walls, amid the chat of the lively patrons and their servers.

Opt for Agora’s refreshing Thyme to Bloom, one of the restaurant’s most popular drinks made with fig-infused vodka, honey-thyme syrup, lemon and prosecco. If it’s a colder day, try the hot Mulled Wine, brewed with cloves, cinnamon and orange juice, or the Turkish Hot Toddy, consisting of Turkish tea, lemon and honey.

For those not in the mood for alcohol, the menu features imported juices, home-made mint lemonade and Turkish coffee. Consider upgrading to unlimited prosecco with flavors like sour cherry, apricot, orange or peach for only $20 per person.

Born and raised in Marmaris, Turkey, Agora’s Executive Chef Ismet Sahin has infused Turkish, Greek and Lebanese traditions into the restaurant’s modern approach to Mediterranean cooking. The brunch menu features an assorted selection of various spreads, dips and inventive egg dishes that put an untraditional spin on classic brunch food with the additions of middle eastern spices, yogurts and meats.

For starters, try Agora’s classic hummus, smoked salmon and cacik, a dish made from strained yogurt, cucumber and mint. When it comes to the main dishes, indulge in the manchego omelette, Turkish Kavurmali fried eggs and the brioche french toast with pistachios, fresh berries and baklava syrup.

This location has been featured in several publications’ rankings for best restaurants in D.C., including Eater DC’s guide, and the Tyson’s location has forged its way into Washingtonian.

With the weather starting to warm up in the spring season, enjoy Agora’s expansive array of Mediterranean dishes and their bottomless brunch special with some friends as a ravishing weekend treat.