Dozens of GW graduate programs rank top 25 in the nation

Updated: April 7, 2022 at 12:55 p.m.

All of GW’s graduate schools were ranked in the top 100 in the country, according to US News and World Report’s latest rankings released last week.

About two dozen of GW’s graduate programs were also ranked in the top 25 in the country, according to the report. Some of the University’s top programs featured the international business program at 11th, the international law program at 10th, the master’s of nursing administration at third and international global policy and administration at sixth.

GW Law was ranked 25th, the School of Nursing’s master’s program and doctorate program ranked 27th and 30th, respectively, while the School of Business was ranked 55th.

US News and World Report uses surveys sent to experts in related fields to determine a program’s reputation and statistics that evaluate research, faculty and students’ success to determine graduate school rankings.

GW is ranked 11th in public health programs, a tie with the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, and the Milken Institute School of Public Health’s health care management program ranked 12th nationally.

The law school tied nationally for 25th with the University of Notre Dame and the University of Alabama. GW’s part-time law program rose from 3rd to 2nd, getting beat out by Georgetown Law for the top spot.

GW’s public affairs programs overall ranked 12th on the list, with four specialty programs making the top 10 in their respective rankings: homeland security and emergency management at seventh, health policy and management at ninth, international global policy and administration at sixth and public management and leadership at eighth.

The business school’s project management MBA program ranked ninth, tied with Georgetown.

This post has been updated to correct the following:
A previous version of this story said GW Law was GW’s top ranked graduate program. Multiple graduate programs were ranked higher. We regret this error.