FRESHFARM market to return to Foggy Bottom for first time in two years

Foggy Bottom’s farmers market will return to campus for the first time Wednesday, nearly two years after the onset of the pandemic forced the market’s shutdown. 

Molly Scalise – the deputy director of communications for FRESHFARM, the organization that oversees farmers markets in the District – said vendors at the location will continue to accept GWorld as a form of payment as they did prior to the pandemic. The market, located along the walkway by the Foggy Bottom Metro station between 23rd and 24th streets, will be open every Wednesday from 3 to 7 p.m. until Nov. 23.

“We hope that the market can continue to serve as a source of fresh, nutritious and healing foods for GW students and faculty, hospital staff and patients and the wider Foggy Bottom community,” she said in an email.

The market vendors this season include sellers like Timber Pizza Company, Bun’d Up – which sells bao, steamed or baked buns with various fillings – and DMV Empanadas.

“After a two-year absence due to COVID, we are delighted to bring back the FRESHFARM Foggy Bottom market, which has operated in the neighborhood since 2005,” Scalise said. “At FRESHFARM, we believe that food is medicine, and we are proud to operate this important food access point adjacent to the George Washington Hospital.”