Swae Lee to headline Spring Fling with appearances by Sophie Holohan, Sam Feldt

File Photo by Eric Lee
Swae Lee, wearing a Colonials jersey, cheered on the men’s basketball team at a game in 2020.

Updated: March 30, 2022 at 8:28 p.m.

Rapper and hip-hop artist Swae Lee will headline this year’s Spring Fling event on April 9, first revealed after the artist leaked his calendar on Twitter Saturday.

Program Board, a student organization that plans the annual event and other large University-wide programs, confirmed Lee’s appearance on Instagram Tuesday and hours later announced appearances by singer Sophie Holohan and Dutch DJ Sam Feldt. Program Board said the event would be held in U-Yard and also include free food and giveaways.

The group has hosted Spring Fling annually, inviting artists to perform for students on campus, but the event was cancelled for the past two years due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Program Board did not immediately return a request for comment.

Lee, who is known for songs like “SICKO MODE” with artist Travis Scott and “Sunflower” with Post Malone, cheered on the men’s basketball team courtside at a game in 2020, sporting a Colonials basketball jersey.

Holohan, a 19-year-old artist known for soft songs like “Codependent,” said she is “grateful” because GW’s performance will be her first ever college show. Holohan has nearly 200,000 monthly Spotify listeners.

“It’s insane to be sharing the stage with such cool artists as well,” she said. “I make music in the folk/pop/singer-songwriter realm, so I hope the people that are into that will come check out my set.”

Lee and Feldt did not return requests for comment.

Spring Fling previously hosted artists like Gryffin, Lil Yachty, Blackbear and Sage the Gemini, with varying student turnout each year.