SBA Senate approves funding for two student organizations

Krishna Rajpara | Photographer
The senate had approved $4,700 for the Law Revue, the organization that funds the Law School Band, at a meeting earlier this month.

The Student Bar Association Senate approved more than $3,000 for two student organizations but did not pass any legislation at its meeting Tuesday.

The senate approved $2,000 from its ad hoc fund for the Law School Band to cover transportation and rehearsal costs for its practices. Senators approved $4,700 to the Law Revue, the organization that funds the band, at its meeting earlier this month for its upcoming Law School Bands Show.

The show, a 40-year-old tradition, is a musical and sketch comedy that law school students create and produce, according to the group’s Facebook page.

The senate approved $1,500 from the ad hoc fund for the Muslim Law Students Association to cover admission tickets, transportation and lodging to attend the Muslim Mental Health Conference at Yale University this Friday and Saturday. Professors, public health experts and students will all speak on a panel at the conference about social isolation and social inequality during the pandemic, according to the webpage for the conference.

The next senate meeting will be April 5 at 9:15 p.m. in the Law Learning Center.