Weekend Outlook – Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at a bar crawl in Dupont Circle

Photo Illustration by Auden Yurman | Assistant Photo Editor
If you won’t be in D.C. on St. Patrick’s Day, you’ll still have a chance to celebrate at the Shamrock Crawl in Dupont Circle this Saturday.

With spring break just around the corner, usher in your much-needed vacation with these invigorating events happening across the District this weekend.

Entrance yourself in a spring-inspired exhibition at ARTECHOUSE, celebrate St. Patrick’s Day early at Hi-Lawn and admire murals of influential women during a run to celebrate women’s history.

Friday

PIXELBLOOM at ARTECHOUSE
Head over to ARTECHOUSE on the waterfront to experience the PIXELBLOOM exhibition this Friday. The latest digital art installation offers a new audiovisual spin on the classic D.C. cherry blossom experience. Revel in PIXELBLOOM’s groundbreaking art technology, which will broadcast the beauty of the cherry blossoms in the highest resolution possible. The 22-minute show will open this Friday and run through June 5. Grab a futuristic drink at the XR Bar to sip on during the show, with prices for beer, wine, cocktails and mocktails ranging from $5 to $14. The bar is open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekends.

ARTECHOUSE, 1238 Maryland Ave. SW. Open daily from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Tickets are $20 for students and $25 for general admission. Find more information here.

Saturday

The Shamrock Crawl 2022 in Dupont Circle

If you won’t be in D.C. on St. Patrick’s Day, you’ll still have a chance to celebrate at some of the best bars in Dupont Circle at the Shamrock Crawl. Enjoy all-day drink specials, DJs and cover-free access to more than 15 bars in the vibrant neighborhood. Try shamrock shots ($4), win prizes and capture some free lively event pictures as you celebrate the luck of the Irish. Be sure to sport a festive green outfit to win a prize for best costume.

Dupont Circle, Connecticut Ave. NW. 2 to 10 p.m. Tickets are $25 for general admission and $22 for a group of four or more. Must be 21+. Find more information here.

Sunday

Run to Celebrate Women at Yours Truly
Get a glimpse of the murals of Amanda Gorman and the late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg in a Run to Celebrate Women this Sunday. The female empowerment run – kicking off at the hotel Yours Truly  in West End – will offer two routes for either running or walking. The 1.7-mile route goes through Dupont Circle passing by Kaliq Crosby’s mural of Gorman, the youngest poet to ever read at a presidential inauguration, located on 17th Street. Alternatively, opt for the 3.3-mile route which ventures further into Downtown D.C. and admire political activist and D.C.-based artist Rose Jaffe’s mural of Ginsburg on a brief strip of U Street in the Cardozo neighborhood. After the run, there will be a “Sip and Shop” where Yours Truly will provide complimentary mimosas, and goodie bags made by homemade in D.C. will be available for purchase.

Starts at Yours Truly, 1143 New Hampshire Ave. NW. 10 a.m. to noon. Free. Find more information here.