Weekend Outlook – Catch GW’s Greek orgs face off in a dodgeball tournament

This+weekend+marks+President%E2%80%99s+Weekend+Palooza%2C+a+four-day+celebration+of+school+spirit+filled+with+nine+events.+
Photo Illustration by Grace Hromin | Senior Photo Editor
This weekend marks President’s Weekend Palooza, a four-day celebration of school spirit filled with nine events.

After a stressful week navigating the impending threat of midterms, blow off some steam with some lively events happening this holiday weekend.

Catch a Greek life organizations face-off at a dodgeball tournament, see rappers Action Bronson and Earl Sweatshirt perform at The Anthem and contemplate dozens of centuries-old paintings of dramatic landscapes at the National Gallery of Art to wrap up your Presidents Day weekend.

Friday

Presidential Showdown at President’s Weekend Palooza
Watch GW’s Greek organizations go head-to-head in a dodgeball fight this Friday. The tournament is slated as the fourth event happening as part of the President’s Weekend Palooza, a nine-event, four-day celebration of school spirit. More than a dozen Fraternity and Sorority Life Greek organizations will face off at the Lerner Health and Wellness Center, so be sure to bring signs, bullhorns and GW gear to raise high and support you or your friends’ chapter.

Lerner Health and Wellness Center, 2301 G St. NW. 3 to 5 p.m. Free. Find more information here.

Saturday

Action Bronson and Earl Sweatshirt at The Anthem
Check out rappers Action Bronson and Earl Sweatshirt, who are co-headlining the 15-date “ÑBA Leather World Tour,” as they stop by The Anthem at the Wharf for an energetic and engaging performance. Earl Sweatshirt’s appearance comes a month after the release of Sick!, his highly-acclaimed album. Rapper Boldy Jackson and producer The Alchemist, who co-released the album “Bo Jackson” last year, will open the show.

The Anthem, 901 Wharf St. SW. 8 p.m. General admission starts at $35. Buy tickets here.

Sunday

Aquatint Exhibit at the National Gallery of Art
Revel in an exhibit of about 100 pieces of centuries-old artwork showcasing aquatints, a special printmaking technique that uses acid to eat the plate and produce an antique-looking tonal effect, in a National Gallery of Art exhibition that concludes this upcoming Monday. In “Aquatint: From Its Origins to Goya,” the gallery displays eye-catching pieces made with the watercolor-esque form of etching along with the tools and materials used for this complex art technique. The exhibit features several pieces from iconic Spanish painter Francisco Goya and earned praise from The Wall Street Journal’s art review.

National Gallery of Art, 6th Street and Constitution Avenue. Open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. Find more information here.