Weekend Outlook – Attend a flavor tasting at Ice Cream Jubilee

Attend+Ice+Cream+Jubile%E2%80%99s+tasting+to+try+out+a+range+of+flavors+from+Citrus+Sichuan+Peppercorn+and+Coconut+Lychee+Lime.+
Elissa Detellis | Staff Photographer
Attend Ice Cream Jubile’s tasting to try out a range of flavors from Citrus Sichuan Peppercorn and Coconut Lychee Lime.

Ring in the Year of the Tiger this weekend with these events and celebrations throughout the District.

Kick off your weekend with an art-inspired meditation session put on by the National Museum of Asian Art, satisfy your sweet tooth with a flavor tasting at a local ice cream shop and illuminate your night with winter lanterns at the REACH.

Friday

Meditation with the National Museum of Asian Art
Attend an online, 30-minute meditation practice hosted by the National Museum of Asian Art to start your weekend off peacefully. Led by D.C.-based meditation teachers Aparna Sadananda and Philip Bender, these sessions occur three times a week and are open to all experience levels. The Friday sessions will feature appearances by special guest teachers and artists in addition to incorporating art from the museum as inspiration.

Virtual. Noon to 12:30 p.m. Free. Register here.

Saturday

Ice Cream Flavor Tasting
Head to Ice Cream Jubilee to expand your ice cream palette and sample some unique flavors. The locally based, homemade ice cream parlor, created by a former lawyer for the Department of Homeland Security, is hosting this event all weekend in honor of the new year. Try six flavors, including blends like Citrus Sichuan Peppercorn and Coconut Lychee Lime. The celebration will take place at each of Ice Cream Jubilee’s locations – Yards Park, T Street and Ballston Quarter.

Various locations. Friday through Sunday from 2:30 to 8 p.m. Tickets are $19 and can be purchased here.

Sunday

Winter Lanterns at the REACH
Stroll through a collection of LED winter lanterns created by Chinese artists in honor of the new year at the REACH near the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. These lanterns are illuminated by 10,000 LED lights each and take the shape of creatures from pandas and butterflies to frogs and flamingos. The celebration also provides a hot drink station for a toasty beverage. This weekend, the exhibit will honor Korea and feature traditional Korean costume displays.

The REACH at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, 2700 F St. NW. Open Thursday through Saturday from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. and Sunday from 4 to 9 p.m. Free. Find more information here.