MFA expands clinical care services to Alexandria location

Guillermo+Gutierrez%2C+a+tenured+medical+professor%2C+is+suing+the+University+and+Medical+Faculty+Associates+for+%24137%2C500.+
File Photo by Arielle Bader
Guillermo Gutierrez, a tenured medical professor, is suing the University and Medical Faculty Associates for $137,500.

The Medical Faculty Associates opened a Primary Care Clinic in Alexandria earlier this month.

Michael Knight, the associate chief quality and population health officer, said the newest addition to the MFA community administers clinical services like chronic illness management and physical checkups to existing and new MFA patients. He said the clinic’s goal is to provide high-quality, equitable health services to patients in the DMV.

He said specialists in the MFA can assist patients who need specific care for illnesses and health issues in communities like Alexandria, and expand their clinical services beyond the MFA’s existing 25 locations in the region.

“As we continue to grow to meet the increasing demands for high quality care in our region, we selected Alexandria as one of our newest primary care locations to provide care for existing and future MFA patients who live in that community,” Knight said in an email.

Knight said the new clinic currently has one primary provider seeing patients, but the MFA expects to increase its services with additional providers in the coming months. He said the MFA plans to expand existing locations or add more primary and specialty practices to increase its clinical care services in the DMV.

The Alexandria location operates from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on the weekdays, and is one of seven primary care clinics that are scattered throughout the DMV area.

“We are committed to bringing world-class primary care to neighborhoods where our patients work, play and live,” Knight said.