Weekend Outlook – Explore an art exhibit honoring Betty White’s legacy

After+your+classes+on+Friday%2C+gather+some+friends+and+head+to+the+Zenith+Gallery+to+say+%E2%80%9Chappy+birthday%E2%80%9D+to+cultural+icon+Betty+White.+
Anthony Peltier | Staff Photographer
After your classes on Friday, gather some friends and head to the Zenith Gallery to say “happy birthday” to cultural icon Betty White.

As campus starts to liven up with in-person classes in full swing, venture out into the District this weekend to get a taste of the city’s hustle and bustle.

This weekend, celebrate the legacy of the late Betty White at a local art exhibit on Friday, attend a drag brunch featuring celebrity impersonators on Saturday and close out the weekend by unwinding at a communal crafting table at Shop Made in DC’s Georgetown location.

Friday

“Betty White Unites!” – Celebrate Betty White’s Legacy and 100th Birthday at the Zenith Gallery
The newly departed but eternally beloved Betty White would have celebrated her 100th birthday this past Monday. Curators at the Zenith Gallery are honoring her groundbreaking career as an award-winning actress and barrier breaker with a collection of portraits. The paintings depict White as a young woman and in her golden years, and several depict her with animals, which she was known for loving. After your classes on Friday, gather some friends and head to the Zenith Gallery to say “happy birthday” to this cultural icon.

Zenith Salon/Upper Northwest Gallery, 1429 Iris St., NW. Open noon to 6 p.m. Proof of vaccination is required to attend. Find more information here.

Saturday

Harlot DC Drag Brunch
Swap out your typical dinner and a movie plans for brunch and a drag show. After your artistic Friday evening, spend the morning eating your weight in breakfast food at an extravagant drag brunch. You’ll watch performers impersonate famous celebrities, ranging from Tina Turner to Cardi B to Miley Cyrus. In addition to top-tier entertainment, this brunch provides bottomless mimosas and a delicious buffet. Grab your tickets sooner rather than later as this popular show often sells out.

The Aesthetically Beautiful Harlot DC, 2001 11th St., NW. 10 a.m to 12:30 p.m. Tickets are $50. Proof of vaccination is required to attend. Find more information here.

Sunday

Crafternoons at Shop Made in DC Georgetown
Roll up your sleeves, grab some art supplies and get creative at SMIDC Georgetown’s classroom crafting table. Bring your own project or start a fresh one in this creative space. Art supplies will be available for use. Art relieves stress, making this activity an ideal way to unwind before the next week. Use this event to make something worthy of the prime spot on your mom’s fridge.

Shop Made in DC, 1353 Wisconsin Ave., NW. Noon to 3 p.m. Free. Find more information here.