Vern Express, VSTC shuttles suspended due to poor road conditions

Officials+also+closed+the+Foggy+Bottom+COVID-19+testing+center+at+2+p.m.+
Grace Hromin | Senior Photo Editor
Officials also closed the Foggy Bottom COVID-19 testing center at 2 p.m.

Updated: Jan. 3, 2022 at 9:59 p.m.

Officials suspended shuttle services to the Mount Vernon and Virginia Science and Technology campuses Monday morning given poor road conditions caused by the snowfall.

The suspension comes as the District faces its first snowfall of 2022, with five to 10 inches of snow dropping in D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser announced a snow emergency beginning Monday at midnight and several government buildings and schools are closed for the day.

“We will provide an update when we are able to resume shuttle operations,” a GW Alert sent out at about 10 a.m. states.

Officials closed the Foggy Bottom COVID-19 testing site starting at 2 p.m. Monday, they announced in a separate GW Alert at about 1:30 p.m.

“Scheduled opening tomorrow may be delayed due to the weather and limited transportation options,” the alert states.

A GW Advisory issued Monday evening announced that shuttle service will resume normal hours Tuesday.

The advisory states the Foggy Bottom testing site’s opening Tuesday will be delayed to 8:30 a.m. The Virginia Science and Technology Campus and Rockville, Md. sites will be closed tomorrow, according to the advisory.

This post has been updated to include the following:
This story has been updated with information from a GW Advisory about the University’s operating status on Tuesday.