Weekend Outlook – Attend a live production of “The Wolves”

Corcoran+students+will+perform+%E2%80%9CThe+Wolves%2C%E2%80%9D+a+play+by+Pulitzer+Prize+finalist+Sarah+DeLappe%2C+in+Square+80+Saturday+evening.+
Photo Illustration by Sophia Young | Assistant Photo Editor
Corcoran students will perform “The Wolves,” a play by Pulitzer Prize finalist Sarah DeLappe, in Square 80 Saturday evening.

As the semester nears its mid-way mark, decompress this weekend with these activities going on around the District.

Watch the National Symphony Orchestra’s thrilling performance of Marvel’s “Black Panther” at the Kennedy Center Friday, embrace your inner playwright at the Corcoran School of Arts and Design’s performance of “The Wolves” Saturday and close out the weekend with a night of comedy and delicious food at the DC Improv Stand-Up Showcase Sunday.

Friday

The National Symphony Orchestra’s Black Panther in Concert at the Kennedy Center
Head over to the Kennedy Center after your classes Friday to watch the National Symphony Orchestra’s performance of Black Panther. As the film is projected on screen, some of D.C.’s most talented musicians will perform the Oscar-winning soundtrack live. Show up early to grab a bite at the Kennedy Center’s outdoor beer and wine garden. The drink menu includes wine, beer, cider, seltzer and cocktails, and the food menu includes croissants, muffins, salads, bratwurst, quesadillas, charcuterie and cheese boards and even an impossible burger.

The Kennedy Center, 2700 F St., NW. Showing begins at 8 p.m. Friday. Tickets range from $39 for a second tier seat to $99 for a box seat. Find more information here.

Saturday

The Wolves at Square 80
Enjoy a quality night of theater at the Corcoran’s production of “The Wolves” right on campus in Square 80. “The Wolves,” a play by Pulitzer Prize finalist Sarah DeLappe, follows a high school girls soccer team during their daily team warmups as they gossip and share conversations about their lives beyond high school. The performance starts at 7:30 p.m. and will be held outdoors due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Square 80, between 21st and 22nd Streets and F and G Streets, NW. 7:30 p.m. Tickets are free, but registration is required. Find more information here.

Sunday

Stand-Up Showcase at the DC Improv Comedy Club and Restaurant
End your weekend with comedy at DC Improv’s Stand-Up Showcase in downtown D.C., which features up-and-coming comedians from the local area this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. While you enjoy humor from the District’s rising stars, order a meal and a drink from the club’s restaurant. With a vast menu, including burgers, nachos, quesadillas, chicken tenders and several vegan and gluten free options, you’re guaranteed to find something you’re craving. And, if you are 21 or older, you can also quench your thirst with the venue’s assortment of alcoholic beverages, including draft beers, white and red wines, rosé, hard seltzer, prosecco and hard cider.

DC Improv Comedy Club and Restaurant, 1140 Connecticut Ave. NW. Showing at 7:30 p.m. on Sunday. Tickets range between $17 and $20. Find more information here.