Weekend Outlook – Attend a student-run fashion show

Check+out+the+Aviation+Runway-themed+Foggy+Bottom+Fashion+Show+to+see+some+of+the+Districts+newest+local+designers%2C+clothing+brands+and+models.+
Photo Illustration by Sydney Walsh | Staff Photographer
Check out the “Aviation Runway”-themed Foggy Bottom Fashion Show to see some of the District’s newest local designers, clothing brands and models.

Celebrate finishing the first month of classes with immersive events throughout the city.

Head to an arts festival at neighborhoods around the District on Friday, support local fashion without having to leave campus Saturday and head to an educational exhibit at the African American History Museum on Sunday.

Friday

Art All Night
Kick off the weekend with an overnight arts festival spreading across 16 neighborhoods including DuPont Circle, Shaw and Van Ness. Between 7 p.m. Friday night and 3 a.m. the following morning, immerse yourself in a variety of visual and performative arts like painting, photography, music, theatre and film. The festival, which is sponsored by Mayor Murial Bowser’s office, will feature events like an outdoor concert featuring D.C.’s Black Alley at the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library and a short-film festival in Tenleytown.

Multiple locations. Free. Find more information here.

Saturday

Foggy Bottom Fashion Show
Start off D.C. Fashion Week supporting some of the DMV’s up-and-coming clothing brands. In collaboration with Howard University, the GW Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity will host the “Call Me When You Get Fly” fashion show this Saturday at 8 p.m. in the University Student Center Grand Ballroom. The “Aviation Runway”-themed event will feature some of D.C.’s newest local designers, clothing brands and upcoming models.

University Student Center. 800 21st St NW. Tickets are free. Registration is required. Find more information here.

Sunday

Make Good the Promises: Reconstruction and Its Legacies Exhibit at the African American History Museum
The National Museum of African American History and Culture is opening its newest exhibit this weekend. The 4,300-square-foot exhibition titled “Make Good the Promises: Reconstruction and Its Legacies” explores the United States’ Reconstruction Era from an African American point of view. The exhibit will feature 200 photographs, more than 100 objects and 15 audio, video and interactive programs tackling the African-American narrative at a pivotal point in the nation’s post-slavery history.

Timed tickets are free. Registration is required. Find more information here.