Weekend Outlook – Attend a yoga class at The Wharf

In preparation for the week ahead, check out waterfront views coupled with yoga at District Pier at the Wharf.

It might be summer, but it’s still easy to get overwhelmed by internship and job responsibilities. Get outside and explore the city this weekend to unwind after a long week. 

Explore the Washington National Cathedral Gardens, volunteer at H Street Farms and take a yoga class at District Pier.  

Friday, July 16

Walk the Washington National Cathedral Gardens
The Washington National Cathedral hasn’t yet reopened to the public, but that doesn’t mean you can’t visit its stunning gardens that line the exterior of the building. In addition to the main cathedral building, the National Cathedral is also surrounded by 59 beautiful acres of land called the Cathedral Close. Grab a few friends and stroll through the land’s manicured lawns and forest paths. The perfectly green grassy areas are also an ideal spot for a picnic, so bring a blanket and spend some time admiring the beauty of the church.

Washington National Cathedral, 3101 Wisconsin Ave. NW. Open dawn to dusk. Free. Find more  information here.

Saturday, July 17

Volunteer at H Street Farms
If you happen to have a green thumb, show it off at Cultivate the City’s weekly Saturday afternoon volunteering session at H Street Farms on the rooftop above W.S. Jenks Hardware. Cultivate the City is a D.C. nonprofit using D.C.’s underutilized space to grow food and provide nutrition and gardening education for underprivileged families in the city. You’ll be planting and weeding, so wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty. You can volunteer with H Street Farms any Saturday, but spots fill up quickly. 

H St. Farms, 910 Bladensburg Rd. NE. Volunteer hours are open from noon to 4 p.m. Free. Register here.

Sunday, July 18

Outdoor Yoga at The Wharf
To mentally prepare for the week ahead, try out some yoga while experiencing the waterfront views and fresh air at District Pier. Classes are taught by instructors from District Flow, a local yoga studio aiming to encourage inclusion, growth and equity through yoga and individual consciousness. Register at least a day ahead of time to secure your spot, as walk-ups aren’t guaranteed. Visitors must adhere to current mask guidance and bring their own water and yoga mat. 

District Pier at The Wharf, 101 District Square SW. Class runs from 9 to 10 a.m. Class is $10 per person. Register here.