Local restaurant Fourth of July specialty rundown

District Doughnut’s Patriotic Chocolate Funfetti doughnut is wrapped with vanilla bean glaze and “patriotic” sprinkles.

Local foodies have an abundance of options for Fourth of July-inspired dishes and drinks to celebrate the summer holiday. 

From a red, white and blue mimosa kit to a Fourth of July-inspired ice cream specialty, check out some of our top festive food and drink picks from restaurants throughout the District. 

Americana Affogatos at Foxtrot

Foxtrot, a specialty grocer, coffee joint and alcohol vendor located in Georgetown, offers a Fourth of July-themed affogato that coffee lovers will adore. Their ‘Americana Affogato’ is a double shot of espresso poured over Foxtrot’s Extreme Cookie Dough Sprinkle ice cream. Topped with whipped cream and sprinkled with red and blue pop rocks, this ice cream specialty will have visitors tasting fireworks this weekend.

1267 Wisconsin Ave. NW. Available July 3 and 4 from 9 to 11 p.m.

Brasserie Liberté Brunch

Join Brasserie, a modern French restaurant in Georgetown, for a holiday brunch featuring its Red, White & Blue Mimosa Kit ($35 per table). The kit contains a bottle of house sparkling wine and seasonal juices that will tint your mimosa festive red, white and blue colors. It’s a refreshing cocktail sure to satisfy your thirst on a hot summer’s day and brighten up your holiday Instagram feed.

3251 Prospect St. NW. Available July 3 through July 5 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.

Immigrant Food’s Welcome to America Pancakes

Stop by Immigrant Food, a multi-cuisine fusion restaurant just a block west of the White House, for brunch this weekend to try their new patriotic pancakes. Served with blueberries and red pineapple dressing, the dish pays homage to the national flag colors. For a $25 combo, guests can add a mimosa to the dish.

1701 Pennsylvania Ave. NW. Brunch hours on Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Book a reservation here.

District Doughnut’s Patriotic Chocolate Funfetti

Wrapped with vanilla bean glaze and “patriotic” sprinkles, the chocolate chip batter donut from District Doughnut is a sweet treat to celebrate this holiday weekend. Customers can opt for a July 4th Half Dozen ($22), which includes two Patriotic Chocolate Funfetti, one Chocolate Waffle Cone, one Pina Colada, one Brown Butter and one Nutella S’more doughnut.

Multiple locations. Prices vary. Patriotic Chocolate Funfetti doughnut available starting Friday; July 4th Half Dozen available Sunday. Find more information here.

Bad Saint’s Fourth of July Crab-tacular

This Independence Day, indulge in a mouth-watering Filipino-style festive crab feast for two ($145) or four ($260) guests at Bad Saint, an upscale gourmet Filipino restaurant. The crab feast includes Bicol-style spicy coconut crab, spicy coconut sauce, jasmine rice, three sides and a crab mallet. Sides include options like tropical slaw, XO potato salad, grilled cobb salad and fried brussel sprouts.

3226 11th St. NW. $145 to $260. Available July 2 through July 4. Preorder here.

Sticky Fingers Bakery’s S’morskie

Take home a nine-inch s’mores-inspired chocolate chip cookie cake for the whole family this Fourth of July from Sticky Fingers Bakery in Columbia Heights. The cookie – a play-off of the campfire snack many of us grew up enjoying during the summer months – comes with a bag of marshmallows to use for roasting and decorating the cake. Top it all off by melting and drizzling dark chocolate provided by the bakery.

1370 Park Rd. NW. Each cake is $45 and serves 16 people. Order here.