Weekend Outlook – Participate in a Pride rally in Dupont Circle

Participants at the Pride Walk & Rally can walk, bike or roller skate on the parade route from Dupont Circle to Freedom Plaza.

Friday marks D.C.’s first day of full reopening, so spend this weekend ushering in a new era of adventures in the District.

Grab a friend or two and stroll through a farmers market on Friday, attend a pride walk and rally on Saturday and mentally prepare for next week with a relaxing yoga class on Sunday.

Friday

Capital Harvest on the Plaza

Peruse the newly reopened Capital Harvest Farmers Market on Woodrow Wilson Plaza for fresh produce, dishes and novelties created by participating farmers and artisans. The market’s season started June 4 and includes 10 farmer and artisan vendors like Muggerz BBQ, which sells authentic barbecue products and The Freshmobile, offering handcrafted Peruvian limeade mixed with fresh herbs and spices. Visitors can also find creative recipes, like lemon cheesecake mousse or English pea risotto, online or at the market’s information booth for inspiration.

Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center, 1300 Pennsylvania Ave. NW. Open Fridays 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Free. Find more information here.

Saturday

Pride Walk & Rally

The popular Capital Pride Parade was canceled this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but you can still celebrate Pride month in the District by participating in a walk and rally this weekend organized by Capital Pride Alliance. Participants can walk, bike, roller skate etc. as the parade departs from Dupont Circle and arrives at Freedom Plaza for a short rally. The rally will be followed by a Pridemobile Parade featuring a string of colorful automobiles for viewers to enjoy.  

Dupont Circle to Freedom Plaza. Noon. Free. Find more information here.

Sunday

Fitness in the Circle

Enjoy the beautiful June weather by grabbing a yoga mat, towel or blanket and practicing hatha yoga outside at Dupont Circle this Sunday. The yoga class is part of the Dupont Circle Business Improvement District’s schedule of beginner-friendly workouts every Sunday afternoon through August 29. Walk-ups are welcome, but guests are encouraged to register for the class ahead of time to reserve a spot. After the class finishes, take some time to check out local shops and restaurants in the neighborhood.

Dupont Circle Fountain, 21 Dupont Cir. NW. Sunday from noon to 1 p.m. Free. Find more information here.