Academic Commons to debut free LSAT study cohort this summer

Administrators+said+the+University+has+expanded+its+peer+coaching+service+since+debuting+Academic+Commons+at+the+start+of+the+fall+semester.+
Administrators said the University has expanded its peer coaching service since debuting Academic Commons at the start of the fall semester.

Officials will launch a free study program on the Law School Admission Test this summer.

The LSAT study cohort, housed under Academic Commons, will provide interested students with practice problems and study plans during weekly meetings from June 20 to September 19, according to the University’s website. The website states GW Law students who completed the LSAT and “successfully navigated” the law school admissions process will lead the cohort, allowing students to connect with peers and alumni pursuing law degrees.

The cohort will meet via Zoom and share materials on Google Drive but could include an in-person component depending on the University’s operations and interest from participants, according to the website. Officials will accept students, who need a computer with Internet access to participate in the program, through an online application on a rolling basis, the website states.

University spokesperson Crystal Nosal said the cohort is a new offering based on GW’s “Let’s GRE Together” program, which began offering to prepare students to take the Graduate Records Exam as part of an expansion of Academic Commons two years ago.