Crime log: Mitchell Hall’s 7-Eleven reports two thefts in three days

Updated: May 17, 2021 at 4:52 p.m.

Liquor Law Violation

South Hall
5/9/2021 – 1:35 a.m.
Closed Case

GW Police Department officers responded to a report of an intoxicated female student. EMeRG and GW EMS arrived on scene and conducted an evaluation of the student. After the evaluation, the student was transported to the emergency room at the GW Hospital for further medical treatment.

– Referred to DSA.

Theft II/From Building

Mitchell Hall (7-Eleven)
5/11/2021 – 1:06 p.m.
Closed Case

GWPD officers responded to a report of theft. Upon arrival, officers made contact with a male store employee who said an unknown female subject had stolen merchandise, including a sports drink, cereal and Starbucks iced coffee. Officers located the subject along with the stolen merchandise. The employee declined to pursue criminal charges against the subject, who was issued a bar notice and escorted off campus.

– Subject barred.

Theft II/From Building

1959 E Street NW (SecreTea)
5/11/2021 – 5:00 p.m.
Open Case

GWPD officers received a call from a complainant who stated that an unknown female subject had stolen a tip jar as she exited the store. The complainant further stated the theft was reported to the Metropolitan Police Department immediately, however MPD did not respond.

– Case open.

Theft II/ From Building, Unlawful Entry

Mitchell Hall (7-Eleven)
5/13/2021 – 6:50 p.m.
Closed Case

GWPD officers responded to a report of theft. Upon arrival, officers made contact with a store employee who stated that an unknown subject had stolen potato chips from the store. GWPD officers canvassed the area and made contact with the subject, who had been previously barred from campus. The store clerk declined to press criminal charges, so the subject was given an updated bar notice and escorted off campus.

– Subject barred.

Public Drunkenness

Shenkman Hall
5/13/2021 – 10:59 p.m.
Closed Case

GWPD officers responded to a report of an intoxicated male student who was transported to the emergency room for medical treatment at the GW Hospital by EMeRG.

– Referred to DSA.

– Compiled by Carly Neilson.

This post was updated to clarify the following:
The post was updated to clarify that the item stolen from SecreTea was a tip jar.