Milken community health policy program receives $7 million gift

Program+affiliates+said+the+updated+program+will+emphasize+applied+skills+with+hands-on+fieldwork+and+advanced+policy+analysis.+
File photo by Danielle Towers | Assistant Photo Editor
Program affiliates said the updated program will emphasize applied skills with hands-on fieldwork and advanced policy analysis.

The Milken Institute School of Public Health received $7 million for its community health policy program from the RCHN Community Health Foundation, according to a release from the organization Tuesday.

The Geiger Gibson Program in Community Health Policy, the Milken program that received the $7 million gift, offers research assistantships for master’s students and other research opportunities on disparities within healthcare. The $7 million donation will help expand the focus on community health and equity for the master’s of health administration degree and support the program’s health policy fellows program  and “cutting-edge scholarship” on health equity and law, according to the release.

The RCHN Community Health Foundation is a not-for-profit organization that works to support community health centers across the country.

The release states the gift will also enhance recognition programs for “emerging leaders and distinguished visitors” and strengthen collaboration with the National Center for Medical-Legal Partnership – a Milken program fostering work between lawyers and health care organizations.

“This gift from the RCHN Community Health Foundation comes at a critical time in education, community health and policy-making,” Milken Dean Lynn Goldman said. “It will allow us to preserve and grow the multi-faceted academic and research initiatives that have been a hallmark of the Geiger Gibson Program.”