GW to centralize wireless networks this summer
By Hannah Marr, Assistant News Editor • April 25, 2024
GW to renovate Pelham Commons this summer
By Barry Yao, Staff Writer • April 25, 2024

LeBlanc calls special faculty senate meeting following release of survey results

The+total+value+of+the+University%E2%80%99s+endowment+decreased+in+market+value+by+1.13+percent+in+fiscal+year+2019%2C+from+about+%241.80+billion+to+about+%241.78+billion.+
File Photo by Ari Golub
The total value of the University’s endowment decreased in market value by 1.13 percent in fiscal year 2019, from about $1.80 billion to about $1.78 billion.

University President Thomas LeBlanc has called a special meeting of the Faculty Senate for April 30, according to an email from a senate staff member Friday, which was obtained by The Hatchet.

The special meeting, which LeBlanc called at the request of the senate’s executive committee, comes after officials released the quantitative and qualitative results of a recent faculty survey on University leadership earlier this spring. Arthur Wilson, the chair of the executive committee, said at the regular senate meeting earlier this month that the committee would develop recommendations based on the survey results for the senate to vote on at a special meeting.

“The meeting will be held via WebEx, and the agenda and related materials as well as the WebEx meeting information will be posted as soon as possible,” Senate Operations Coordinator Liz Carlson said in the email.

The Faculty Assembly approved a resolution last fall directing the senate to call a special meeting of the assembly once the results have been collected to report the results and provide recommendations.

“These might include an indication of ‘no confidence,’ ‘censure,’ ‘approval,’ ‘praise,’ or ‘trust’ in the President and his administration,” the resolution states.

Experts said the “overwhelmingly negative” faculty sentiment indicated in the survey results could be enough to risk LeBlanc’s future at GW as the Board of Trustees works to conduct its standard review of LeBlanc.