Two cars involved in crash outside Elliott School of International Affairs

Jarrod Wardwell | Staff Photographer
About 10 Secret Service officers responded to the accident with five vehicles stationed along E Street.

Two vehicles were involved in a traffic accident outside the Elliott School of International Affairs Wednesday.

Vito Maggiolo, a spokesperson for D.C. Fire and Emergency Medical Services, said responders arrived at the scene at 3:42 p.m. after receiving reports of an accident at the intersection of 19th and E streets. D.C. FEMS officials found a two-vehicle accident and assessed two patients at the scene, neither of whom needed to be transported to the hospital.

About 10 Secret Service officers also responded to the accident with five vehicles stationed along E Street. A Secret Service spokesperson was not available for comment.

Police presence at the scene temporarily disrupted Metrobus activity with delays, according to a tweet from the service’s account. An update reported that Metrobus service resumed about 30 minutes later.