Senior midfielder notches postseason honor

Sophomore+midfielder+Natalie+Silberman+has+collected+10+points+on+the+season%2C+including+four+goals+and+two+assists.+
Sophomore midfielder Natalie Silberman has collected 10 points on the season, including four goals and two assists.

Senior midfielder Natalie Silberman tabbed a spot on the Atlantic 10 All-Conference Second Team, according to a press release Wednesday.

Silberman earned her first postseason honors in her final year with the Colonials (6-4-1, 4-3-1 A-10). She tallied a career-high and team-leading six consecutive goals, two of which were game-winners in overtime, and one assist this season.

She launched 18 shots this season, landing 11 on goal for a .611 shot on-goal percentage. Silberman started all 11 games and ranked in the top-five on the roster with 949 minutes played.

After ending their last campaign as the A-10 Championship runner-up, the Colonials missed the four-team postseason this time around. GW played Davidson to a 1-1 draw in the final game of the regular season to finish third in the south pod.

As the sole Colonial to earn a postseason accolade, Silberman was joined on the offensive side of the ball by Dayton sophomore midfielder Yaiza Navarro Leon, Dayton sophomore midfielder Jessica Sheldon, VCU sophomore midfielder Anna Bagley, Davidson sophomore forward Hailey Braemer and Saint Louis junior forward Emily Groark.

On the defensive side, VCU redshirt junior goalkeeper Grace Young, VCU junior defender Lana Golob, Dayton sophomore defender Mackenzie Lutz, La Salle redshirt senior defender Taylor Newhart, and Massachusetts senior defender Dani Sclafani collected honors as well.