Best quarantine outfit: Stylish loungewear

Lillian Bautista | Senior Photo Editor
The Champion brand has been a popular loungewear choice for both men and women throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.

Readers’ pick: Nice top and pajama bottoms

It’s hard to stay cooped up inside all day taking online classes, but at least you can always wear comfortable clothes.

Loungewear, the unofficial uniform of quarantine, has become not only socially acceptable but the expected outfit to wear during your Zoom class. Loungewear – coordinated, aesthetically appealing yet incredibly comfortable – earns our stamp of approval for top outfit during quarantine.

Sitting at home in front of a computer screen for hours on end is more bearable when you do it in sweats, or even in your pajamas. While you can find comfortable loungewear at practically any clothing store, we’ve found some of our favorite fits at Urban Outfitters, Uniqlo and even the GW Campus Store.

The Urban Outfitters’ “Out From Under” line clothed a lot of us during quarantine. The line includes sweats, bralettes and comfy undergarments that are both comfortable and fashionable. The brand Cotton On also sells a similar line in loungewear, featuring joggers, sweatshirts, undershirts and bralettes for women and cloth shorts, matching hoodies and joggers for men.

The Champion brand has also popped off as a popular loungewear line for men and women alike through the pandemic. The iconic Champion ‘C’ logo marks the company’s cloth shorts, hoodies and sweatpants to create a cozy set.

Uniqlo’s comfort line, which frequently goes on sale, dressed us in fuzzy sweatpants and sweatshirt sets. Similarly, its basic fleeces and long sleeves kept us warm throughout the colder months of the pandemic.

And in an attempt to feel connected to GW, a lot of us continued to attend class repping the GW-branded sweatshirts and sweatpants we got from the campus store when we were still on campus. And if you copped a free GDUB shirt at a basketball game before we were sent home, you probably wore that merch proudly, too.

Our honorable mention goes to another go-to for students with remote internships: business on top and sweats on the bottom. Sure, a lot of professors encouraged coming to class in comfortable clothing considering the virtual instruction period, but the occasional professional Zoom meeting or interview had us dressed for the occasion – from the waist up.