Best GW student Twitter account: @nagy_minaj

Tweets+about+job+hunting+can+sometimes+come+off+sour+and+cynical%2C+but+Nagys+takes+are+relatable%2C+providing+a+short+break+from+D.C.s+stressful+professional+environment.+
Photo Illustration by Camille DeSanto | Assistant Photo Editor
Tweets about job hunting can sometimes come off sour and cynical, but Nagy’s takes are relatable, providing a short break from D.C.’s stressful professional environment.

Readers’ pick: @_GeorgeGlass

Senior Keith Nagy’s Twitter account, @nagy_minaj, is an archive of funny political content that accurately represents the microcosm that is GW student culture. 

As a political science major, Nagy’s tweets put national politics at the forefront. But littered in between retweets on voting rights issues and fanboying over infrastructure week, Nagy pokes fun at the stereotypes surrounding the GW experience, D.C. internship culture and D.C. politics. 

Nagy’s sarcastic sense of humor and cheeky replies have amassed a large following, with more than 6,000 followers to date.

One of his latest tweets, in honor of April Fools Day, featured an image of “Goob,” a downtrodden cartoon character from the animated film “Meet The Robinsons, with a caption lamenting how the hiring team of his latest internship application didn’t include an April Fools tagline at the end of his rejection email.

When a reply jokingly suggested that his Twitter may be to blame for his rejection email, Nagy asserted the opposite, claiming his social media activity makes him “more employable.” In a world where political campaigns depend on engaging audiences on social media, Nagy could not be more right. 

This tweet is just one of countless others about the job application process, a popular topic among both graduating seniors and underclassmen who are always on the hunt for that next internship opportunity. Nagy covers everything from the agonizing process of writing the perfect cover letter to the defeat in hearing nothing back.

Tweets about job hunting can easily turn sour and cynical, but Nagy’s takes are relatable, providing a brief reprieve from the stressful and competitive environment of the D.C. professional sphere.

Most of Nagy’s quips hold a similar tone regardless of content, from expressing his dislike for Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fl., to his memes featuring Major, the Biden family dog with a penchant for “nibbling.”

Despite all the jokes and memes, Nagy has not lost sight of his large following. While his followers may have come to his account for the flippant tweets about Student Association elections, they stay for the retweets of articles on transgender rights, voting laws and the power of youth organizing.