Crime log: Cyclist assaults student, uses homophobic slur near Kogan Plaza

Simple Assault, Destruction of Property/Vandalism

Tonic At Quigley’s
3/26/2021 – 6:26 p.m.
Closed Case

GW Police Department officers responded to Tonic At Quigley’s for a report of a non-GW affiliated man destroying flower pots, knocking over tables, removing signs and breaking dishes on the outdoor patio. The subject was not a guest of the establishment. GWPD officers barred the subject and arrested him. Metropolitan Police Department officers arrived on scene and transported the man to the Second District police station.

– Subject arrested.

Burglary I/Forcible

District House
3/27/2021 – 1:31 a.m.
Closed Case

GWPD officers responded to a report of an unknown man stealing clothes and earrings in a resident’s room. Officers made contact with the subject and placed him under arrest. MPD officers arrived on scene and transported the subject to the Second District police station for processing. GWPD officers are investigating surveillance videos to see how the subject entered the building.

– Subject arrested.

Threats to do Bodily Harm

Public Property on Campus (700 block of 22nd Street)
3/29/2021 – 11:12 p.m.
Open Case

GWPD officers responded to a report of threats to do bodily harm. Upon arrival, officers made contact with a female student who reported that an unknown male subject said he would enjoy shooting the complainant. GWPD officers canvassed the area with negative findings.

– Case open.

Simple Assault

Kogan Plaza
3/29/2021 – 11:30 p.m.
Open Case

A male student reported that he was a victim of assault by an unknown man. The subject spat on the victim and called him a homophobic slur after attempting to pass by on his bike. GWPD officers canvassed the area with negative findings.

– Case open.

Stalking, Threats to do Bodily Harm

1922 F St.
Multiple – Multiple
Open Case

A female student reported being a victim of stalking and death threats by a former male therapy client. The victim filed a police report with her local jurisdiction at the Fairfax Police Department and with MPD.

– Case open.

Unlawful Entry

Ross Hall
3/30/2021 – 6:30 p.m.
Closed Case

During a routine patrol, GWPD officers noticed a previously barred subject near Ross Hall. Officers made contact with the subject and updated his bar notice.

– Subject barred.

Robbery Purse Snatch/Larceny

Public Property on Campus (800 block of 21st Street)
3/31/2021 – 2:45 p.m.
Closed Case

GWPD officers received a report from MPD referencing a robbery on the 800 block of 21st Street. An older, non-GW affiliated man witnessed an unknown male subject stealing money from his bag. MPD officers swept the area with negative findings.

– Referred to MPD.

Disorderly Conduct

Mitchell Hall (7-Eleven)
4/1/2021 – 10:36 p.m.
Closed Case

GWPD officers responded to Mitchell Hall for a report of disorderly conduct at 7-Eleven. An unknown male subject entered the store requesting an unavailable service involving his debit card. When store staff denied his card, the subject threw items off the counter. The suspect left the store before the arrival of GWPD officers.

– No identifiable subject.

– Compiled by Kateryna Stepanenko.