Weekend Outlook – Visit the cherry blossoms along the Tidal Basin

The National Parks Service has indicated that it will shut down the Tidal Basin to pedestrian traffic if crowds grow too large during cherry blossom peak bloom, so visit now while you can.

The first week back from spring break might be stressful, so take some time this weekend to recharge. Attend a “Bridgerton”-inspired virtual dance party, take in the beauty of the cherry blossoms and visit Artechouse’s newest installation.

Friday

“Bridgerton”-esque Dance Party

Join the staff of the Dumbarton House, a federal-style historical estate located in Georgetown, for a virtual dance party inspired by the hit Netflix series “Bridgerton.” Historians of the Dumbarton House will explain the history behind some of the regal dances featured in “Bridgerton,” and you will have a chance to learn the dance steps yourself. You can dress for the occasion with that trending TikTok corset or throw on your most comfortable yoga pants for this dance lesson.

Virtual. 8 to 9 p.m. $12 for general admission and $10 for members of the Dumbarton museum. Find more information here.

Saturday

Renewal 2121 at Artechouse DC

Artechouse, an art gallery that usually features striking visual exhibits, is dipping its toes into the world of science fiction with its newest exhibit “Renewal 2121.” The exhibit gives visitors a glimpse 100 years into the future, focusing on how climate change and modern industrialization will come to a head in the future, and what that means for nature in a city.

Artechouse DC, 1238 Maryland Ave SW. Open daily from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Tickets are $20 for students and $24 for general admission. Find more information here.

Sunday

2021 National Cherry Blossom Festival

With peak cherry blossom bloom expected to come in the first few days of April, this weekend is the ideal time to go out and enjoy the pink and white beauty without swarms of crowds. The usual carnival-like festivities of the National Cherry Blossom Festival will have to wait until next year, but festival organizers pieced together a guide for you to be able to enjoy cherry blossom-inspired art, food and socially distanced activities around the District.

Find more information here.