Shenkman Hall symptomatic COVID-19 testing center relocates to Lerner

File Photo by Jack Fonseca | Senior Staff Photographer
Students who want to use Lerner must wear masks at all times except while swimming and limit workouts to one hour.

The symptomatic COVID-19 testing center in Shenkman Hall will move into the Lerner Health and Wellness Center Wednesday, according to an email sent to on-campus students last week.

The email states that officials will relocate the center to the group fitness rooms in Lerner, where hours of operation will remain the same from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 12:45 to 4 p.m. on Fridays. The University’s public health lab and Medical Faculty Associates testing center will also move into Lerner this week, according to the email.

Officials said they will relocate the public health lab Monday and Tuesday, and the MFA testing center will move Wednesday while continuing the same operating hours from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The MFA’s testing center has been housed in Shenkman since September, after it moved from its previous location in the Smith Center.

Officials said patients must enter the new symptomatic testing center via Varsity Place between Lerner and St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, and they can’t enter the site through the gym’s main entrance.

The University’s asymptomatic testing center will remain in the Marvin Center, the email states.

Any COVID-19 testing appointments already scheduled for Monday or Tuesday will be canceled, and students are encouraged to reschedule through the GW medical portal where their appointment “will be prioritized” for Wednesday.